Okay, so since I am in the mood to experiment, here’s another first, a top 10 songs list. I have never been this excited for a blog before, quite honestly. And also, I have never been this troubled. I love music and that was the reason I decided to share this with you. But I never could fathom the difficulty that one can face in this. How can one choose? Like, can one choose from a decadent, rich and moist chocolate cake, a caramel and chocolate laden soft donut, a soft chocolaty and gooey centred souffle.. umm…You get my point right? You may just get to know me better with this, more than you actually intended in the first place may be. 😛
Disclaimer: This list is not engraved on some stone, it is as mortal and susceptible to change as we all are. Mood, phase of life and a lot of other things factor in. Anyway, without further ado, let’s begin. Also, yes, this is for songs in English, for Hindi and regional music, I will post another blog, depending upon the reactions I get on this one, while I also contemplate whether or not I wish to put myself in such difficult situations again. Just kidding. Not. Okay LOL, now let’s begin.
- Take me to church by Hozier : I discovered this one on a Victoria secret performance and oh my God, I haven’t stopped listening to this one after that. It’s addictive.
- All of me by John Legend : One of the most emotional and romantic pieces I have heard. I got fascinated by John’s talent after I heard this and was definitely up for more.
- Hello by Adele : Simply beautiful. I have no words for it, really. PS. How ridiculously pretty is Adele.
- Chandelier by Sia : It’s a very powerful song. I often listen to it on my way to office in the morning, totally wakes me up and gives me the energy to sail through.
- Lost stars by Adam Levine : It featured in a movie called Begin Again. It has a keira knightley’s version too. Lovely song.
- Like I’m gonna lose you by Meghan trainor : I am ashamed to admit I hadn’t listened to this one until it was too late, here and then looked it up. I immediately fell in love with the song. Still love it.
- Diamonds by Rihanna : “We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky…”
- Scientist by Colplay : This is the song that made me fall in love with Coldplay.
- Wrecking ball by Miley Cyrus : A heart wrenching heart break song. It will give you those mixed emotions of sadness, anger, emptiness and all that you are supposed to stay away from.
- Love me now by John Legend : Discovered this gem after listening to ‘All of me’ and the visuals are great too.
- No promises by Shayne Ward : This song will confuse you and then it will explode.
- I can’t help falling in love with you by Twenty Pilots : A song that is very close to my heart.
- Wild thoughts by Rihanna : I didn’t know if loving Rihanna more was possible. This one just pushed it to the next level. That lady can kill you.
- Rockabye by Clean Bandit : Beautiful lyrics. Weird video.
- Love like you do by Ellie Goulding :
- Young girls by Bruno mars : Not a very popular Bruno mars song, but I personally love it.
- 24K Magic by Bruno mars : A very popular Bruno mars song, but I personally love it. 😛 That man has style.
- Don’t let me down by The Chainsmokers
- Animals by Maroon
- Pl. don’t stop the music by Rihanna
I know, some people would say, didn’t she say 15? Okay, okay, I can’t, I simply can’t. So put top 20. And here are 5 more, the guilty pleasures.
- I knew you were trouble by Taylor Swift
- Heart attack by Demi Lovato
- Blank space by Taylor Swift
- I’m glad u came by The wanted
- Talk dirty to me by Jason Derulo
I feel like I haven’t included a ton of songs that I should have. 😛